On Wednesday July 13 @ 8PM PST, Scream-Trilogy will hold the first in a monthly series of Scream-A-Thon evenings where screamers from all over the world will congregate in a live chat while watching Scream (1996) simultaneously. The next best thing to watching the movie with a crowd of Scream fans!
If you’re interested in participating, here’s how it breaks down:
1. If you don’t have a message board account, you will need to sign up. Doing so is quick and painless.
2. You can find out what time in your corner of the world the session starts by visiting the World Clock and selecting USA/California/Los Angeles/8PM but there will be a countdown till start-time up soon so you can simply go off that.
3. Have a copy of the first Scream ready to play. Please note you are responsible for viewing your own copy whether it be on DVD, online or whatever… we are NOT supplying a stream of the movie. Be sure to synch it up to the start of the Dimension logo.
4. Visit Scream-Trilogy or the forum on Wednesday and there will be a very visible link to the chat room.
5. The chat room will be available for open talk several hours before the show, but once the countdown hits zero, I’ll announce MOVIE BEGINS NOW in the room at which point, you can hit play.
6. We talk and joke about what’s happening on screen, and get to know each other through our shared love of Scream!
The livechat will be moderated and run the duration of the movie. Due to runspeed differences in countries (PAL vs NTSC) a 5 minute delay will start to creep in as the movie progresses but you’ll be able to tell from the chat text generally what scene we are on. This might be helpful for any latecomers, too.
The tentative Scream-A-Thon schedule is:
August: Scream 2
September: Scream 3
October: Scream 4
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below or visit the forum thread. which contains a lot of discussion on the finer points of the event. We hope to see you there!