It is currently 30 Apr 2017, 19:28

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: The Ending
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2011, 16:21 

Like many others, I always thought that the door closing symbolized that Sidney was safe and free.

"No, please don't kill me Mr. Ghostface...I wanna be in the sequel!" -Tatum Riley, Scream

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2011, 16:25 
I agree completely, and that if it ever did happen again, I think she felt like she could handle it,

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2011, 16:27 

TheCheetahwings wrote:
I agree completely, and that if it ever did happen again, I think she felt like she could handle it,

Yes, I agree.

"No, please don't kill me Mr. Ghostface...I wanna be in the sequel!" -Tatum Riley, Scream

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 17:06 

Rory wrote:
Going back and looking on it, I believe it acctually forshadows a fourth movie.

The door being open. Everyone always thought it was to signify her being safe. What if it was actually to leave the door open for another film?

Now that S4 was released and S5 and S6 are in the works as a new trilogy, the open door basically means "This isn't over, Ghostface is still out there, Roman wasn't the true mastermind, someone else is far greater than Roman is still out there, the haunting of Ghostface is NOT over and the past is not at rest.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 17:10 

Mastermind wrote:
Rory wrote:
Going back and looking on it, I believe it acctually forshadows a fourth movie. The door being open. Everyone always thought it was to signify her being safe. What if it was actually to leave the door open for another film?
Now that S4 was released and S5 and S6 are in the works as a new trilogy, the open door basically means "This isn't over, Ghostface is still out there, Roman wasn't the true mastermind, someone else is far greater than Roman is still out there, the haunting of Ghostface is NOT over and the past is not at rest.

It's easy to say this now that there is a fourth film, but at the time I think it was meant to symbolize that Sidney no longer had to live her life in fear.

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” - Bill Hicks

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 23:34 

The way S3 ended seemed pretty conclusive to me, but even conclusive endings don't always guarantee the story is over. There can always be a further continuation when the next sequels in a sense becomes the new beginning for the story to go on.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 14:43 

I thought this and yes I believe they never planned to end the franchise for good, because of strong box office for all 3 films they just wanted to rest it for a while but I think they rested it 5 years too long hence poor box office compared to the first 3