It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 00:31

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Where did the voices come from?
PostPosted: 15 May 2012, 19:28 

I was pretty gullible when I first saw it and so I thought he talked to them on the phone and then once he got their voice he could say whatever he wanted in their voice
but further than that you have to suspend disbelief
as with most movies

PostPosted: 15 May 2012, 20:59 

The million dollar question of Scream 3. When the movie came out I was kinda okay with it but the absurdity of such a device in 2000, much less 12 years later (and probably 20 years later) just breaks the wall of believability. I would like to think that there was some profound deeper meaning, like everyone represents the killer to Sidney, and all these people are killing her in one way or another... But unfortunately that just isn't the case. We are unfortunately talking about an absurd writing choice that, like so many in Scream 3, were just terrible.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2012, 13:09 

Also, in the final scene with Sidney and Roman, how does Roman have the Ghosts voice without the voice changer up to his face??? Then he takes off the mask and he has his normal voice, then he says "And brother" with the voice changer. How does this happen?

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2012, 13:12 

StuMacher wrote:
Also, in the final scene with Sidney and Roman, how does Roman have the Ghosts voice without the voice changer up to his face??? Then he takes off the mask and he has his normal voice, then he says "And brother" with the voice changer. How does this happen?

He had the voice changer inside the mask when he was speaking to Sidney. Then when he takes mask off, he removes the voice changer from the mask and says: "and brother." :)

SidneyPrescottFan's
SCREAM 5: NOW | SCREAM 6: NOW
FRIDAY THE 13TH: NOW
TOMB RAIDER: NOW

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2014, 14:36 

He programmed the voices. There is a deleted scene from Scream 3 were you can see Ghostface in his layer programming the voice. I saw it once in a trailer.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2017, 15:31 

I thought it was dumb how the voices got onto the voice changer but still very possible, Maureen was revealed to be an actress in Scream 3 so Roman obviously got her voice from films she starred in (also he managed to get the voices from being around the other characters this way), also like others on this thread state Roman was a director so he had access to the required equipment to make the voice changer

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2017, 22:08 

benbee2 wrote:
I thought it was dumb how the voices got onto the voice changer but still very possible, Maureen was revealed to be an actress in Scream 3 so Roman obviously got her voice from films she starred in (also he managed to get the voices from being around the other characters this way), also like others on this thread state Roman was a director so he had access to the required equipment to make the voice changer

Except that voice changers like that don't exist at all, so it's not really that possible. Being a director, it would've made more sense for him to have recorded their voices and edited them.