It is currently 27 Jun 2017, 14:04

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The race to Kirby's house mistake
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2014, 20:20 

I don't know if anybody spotted this already, but how did the killer get from Aunt Kate's house to Kirby's so must faster than Sidney?
Ghostface kills Aunt Kate, then Sidney runs into Hicks for a minute before speeding off to Kirby's house. Moments later, Charlie and Jill are both at Kirby's with 30 minutes to spare before Sidney ever arrives.

Am I missing something? Sloppy film-making? 3rd killer?

Last edited by CRHersh23 on 10 Jan 2014, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The race to Kirby's house mistake
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2014, 12:37 

CRHersh23 wrote:
I don't know if anybody spotted this already, but how did the killer get from Aunt Kate's house to Kirby's so must faster than Sidney?
Ghostface kills Aunt Kate, then Sidney runs into Hicks for a minute, then she speeds off to Kirby's house. Moments later, Charlie and Jill are both at Kirby's with 30 minutes to spare before Sidney ever arrives.

Am I missing something? Sloppy film-making? 3rd killer?

Good point and a great eye for detail. I personally never thought anything of this until now.

I don't think that you're missing anything. IMO, it's just sloppy film-making. There were SO many sloppy things in this film that just irk me. Although Scream 4 was a decent entry to the series, again IMO, the whole film was just a missed opportunity. Don't get me wrong, there were some pretty cool parts to the film -- but a lot of recycled things from past films as well.

It's pretty sad that us fans put more thought into details than the actual team making the film.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2014, 17:02 

Yeah you're right, there were some decent parts, and they definitely did miss a huge opportunity. That goes for Scream 3, too. It feels like everyone from the Weinsteins down is just sort of resting on their laurels at this point. Harvey Weinstein even used the words "we've milked that cow" when talking about the Scream series. If the series is more or less his cash-cow, why not try to hit a homerun like the first two movies and bring in a bigger return on your investment?
If they held this movie to the standards they held S1 & S2, there's no way all these mistakes and missed opportunities would've happened.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2014, 18:11 

I completely agree. Scream 1 and 2 should have been their standards -- the GOLD standards. Nothing less.

If I was in charge of the finished product, there is no way I would have given Scream 4 its "stamp of approval". There were just too many things that needed fixed. I really wish the team would have gone darker, had characters that were better developed, so when they died, the audience actually gave a damn, and got rid of that awkward, unnecessary comedy. And don't even get me started on that opening scene (Marnie and Jenny's). Ugh. IMO, that was the most horrible opening scene of the entire franchise. The movie within a movie was an entertaining take, but not the actual kill. Now if they would have kept the original kill scene and used the deleted crime scene, the opening would have been and felt so much better. In fact, quite a few of those deleted scenes shouldn't have even been deleted. I feel that using those scenes would of helped the movie and gave it a more finished feeling.

In regards to Harvey Weinstein, I really wish he would just bud out and let the team do their magic. It was because of the Weinstein's there were some disappointing changes made. To me, it seems like money is what matters to them and that's sad. This franchise has produced so much money and such a huge, loyal fan base, that they almost take it for granted. Again, this is all my opinion.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 16:20 

I see this quite a lot in Films, when we (the audience) are watching it only seems like a couple of minutes have past, but in the film several minutes have passed making us think that it's implausible, time in reality time & in films are different but IMO if they want us to believe its actually happening things need to happen in a more realistic time frame