It is currently 28 May 2017, 21:04

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Closet Scene
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 20:32 

What do you think about the closet scene in Scream 4?

Where Ghostface makes the call and Ghostface says im in the closet then Ghostface says I never said I was in your closet.

What are your thoughts on that scene?

Post subject: Re: Closet Scene
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 20:40 

The "closet scene" was my favourite death scene from the movie. I thought it was very well done, and demonstrated how brutal Ghostface was this time, once he eventually jumped out of the closet.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 20:43 

Omg COPY RIGHT INFRINGEMENT!!!! you see I was writing a scream fan fiction after i saw the scream 4 trailer. So I took the part of the trailer " I'm standing in your closet" and went with it. So I made the character open the closet and of course ghostface wasn't there. So I was like hmmm what can. I write now?? So I wrote there was a scream down the hall, and the character runs down the hall to a room and his friend is killed there and ghost face laughs on the phone and says "I never said I was in YOUR closet" I swear i had no idea that line would be in the movie! And all my friends that read my storyvwas like that's where you got that's from?!?! And I was like NO THAT WAS MY LINE!!!! ahaha

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 20:46 

@Hellosidney23 Uh...okay.

On topic: I knew what happened because I saw an episode of "Conan" and they showed that clip and ended it as soon as Ghostface jumped out of the other closet. Damn Conan.

- Ghostface

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 21:09 

This was a clever scene, but they spoil it by those cuts to Olivia's window. Should have taken those out, let us forget about her for a second.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 23:08 

Easily the best death scene in Scream 4, and one of my favourites from all 4. Particularly loved the bit where Ghostface slammed Olivia out the window and they stuck his head out and sort of waved the knife at Kirby and Jill watching. Creepy.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 23:48 

Easily one of the best death scenes. Even though I knew it was coming, it was still great.

BTW, did anyone catch that before Olivia entered her home, she said to Kirby "You know there are cops outside your house?" Caught me off guard given that it was JILL'S house they were sitting in front of. Minor flub? Or did I hear that wrong?

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 14:28 

It was an awesome death scene, and definitely one of the best, but I saw it coming. I knew he was in Olivia's closet (it's in the trailer), and after Kirby checks the closet, I thought Ghostface was going to say "Woops, wrong house". Thus, coming out of Olivia's closet, etc.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 14:30 

Yeah it was a fantastic scene. Very original.

SCRE4M
SCREAM TV

"This isn't a comedy. It's a horror film.
People live, people die and you better start running!"

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 14:31 

What I like most about this scene is that Ghostface is whispering on the phone, because he doesn't want Olivia to hear him. Kirby even have difficulty earing him.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 14:35 

@Hellosidney23 - erm...you started writing that after you saw the trailer therefore the line was already in the movie lol

As for the scene itself - it is fantastic. I was so glad I didnt click it from the trailer, i just got the vibe that with the constant shots between the two houses that Olivia was going to be the one to get attacked.
I would have liked it though, had ghostface been in Jill's closet...it's a big "What if" for me.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 14:36 

Hellosidney23 wrote:
Omg COPY RIGHT INFRINGEMENT!!!! you see I was writing a scream fan fiction after i saw the scream 4 trailer. So I took the part of the trailer " I'm standing in your closet" and went with it. So I made the character open the closet and of course ghostface wasn't there. So I was like hmmm what can. I write now?? So I wrote there was a scream down the hall, and the character runs down the hall to a room and his friend is killed there and ghost face laughs on the phone and says "I never said I was in YOUR closet" I swear i had no idea that line would be in the movie! And all my friends that read my storyvwas like that's where you got that's from?!?! And I was like NO THAT WAS MY LINE!!!! ahaha

So you used part of Scream 4's trailer in your fan fiction? OMG!!! COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!!!

See how stupid that sounds.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 14:37 

Olivia's death was the one that got me the most. Especially the part when the killer lifted her up while she was practically dead, and he just stood in front of the window with Olivia next to him, displaying her to Kirby and Jill. Really messed up.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2013, 10:15 

I agree with Liver Alone. They shouldn't have shown Olivia as much. I really enjoyed the scene, but if they could have gotten us to forget about Olivia a little more, it would've been more surprising that Olivia was the one getting attacked. To be fair though, the second Olivia turned down the invitation to "come up", we all knew she was a goner.

PostPosted: 18 May 2017, 16:21 

very clever scene and well executed and it's my favorite scene in the film and also one of my top 3 deaths in the franchise overall, brilliant