It is currently 20 Jan 2018, 08:00

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: How would you have ended it?
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2012, 06:18 

Initially, I liked the idea of Jenny being the killer, but after a bit of thought, I changed my mind. I can't stomach the idea of Aimee Teagarden, who's horrible in everything she's in, not only be a killer, but have to go on to be an important character in the next film if one were to be made.
Moreover, it just seems a little silly to have her be a killer. I mean, she was stabbed in the back, took a tumble down the stairs that screwed her up so bad that she couldn't use her legs, then had her back crushed by a garage door... And that's just what we saw! For her to have lived through that, would be a bit much. She should remain dead.
Plus, if we consider deleted scenes, that chick's beyond dead. Lol.

I'm one of the apparently small number of people who didn't like the ending. Thought it was ridiculous. Jill being agile enough to do what she did in that hospital after doing what she did to herself felt like a blow from Kruger to my intelligence. And the idea that all of this happened with at least two policemen there. But it didn't stop there, the entire idea itself was dumb. If you're going to stretch a movie out past it's "ending", stretch it out with something better than the over-the-top, poorly written hospital scene. The silliness of it all just made it more annoying that the movie didn't end when I expected it to.

Here's something I wouldn't have minded seeing. Nothing exemplary, but better, in my opinion, than what we got...
After Jill throws herself on the coffee table, she staggers over to Sidney, clearly having hurt herself more than she intended. She's weak. She's bleeding. She's dying. She falls next to to Sidney, adopts Sid's form, and dies next to her.
Camera pans from Sidney and Jill, through the kitchen until it stops at a point where we can see down the hallway to the front door.
The door opens as we see Kirby crawl inside the house lifelessly, breathing heavy. She's very much wounded; almost her entire shirt has blood somewhere on it. Her hands are sticky with dried blood. She crawls weakly down the hallway to find everyone sprawled out across the kitchen. Her reaction is immediate. Tears stream down her face as she sits up against a wall, exhausted. Of course, she has no idea what has happened; that her best friend was the second killer. All she sees is that she's dead as well as her idol, Sidney.
Cut to a distant shot of Kirby from the front door. We see her crying hard and we hear the wail of police sirens.
Cut to a montage in front of the house. A circus of police cars and paramedics. Sidney is carried to an ambulance on a gurney by two paramedics. Kirby follows close behind on a gurney as well while Dewey sees that their safely taken away. It's dawn.
Moby's "First Cool Hive" plays in the background as a bandaged Gale readies her "Flip" cam.
Cut to the view from Gale's video camera.
"New work in progress. Chapter 2..."
We hear her continue to go on about the events having taken place as the camera cuts to a wide view of the house and the action occurring before it then slowly pans away to the sun rising over the California hills.

As you can see, I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2012, 09:47 

Sounds like you could have shortened that to "Kirby survives, take out the hospitol scene"

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2012, 12:27 

If I wanted to offer a vague outline of what I envisioned for the ending, I'd've done that.
Sounds like you were able to take from it what I wanted you to, so I'll leave it as is. But thanks for your... Um... necessary reply.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2012, 17:04 

You're...um....welcome.

Although you were correct when you said the ending of the movie was ridiculous

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2017, 16:33 

The way it ended was just fine, if it ended on a cliffhanger I would have been annoyed

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2017, 20:16 

if yall dont wanna see sidney, dewey gale etc why dont u watch the tv show