It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 14:28

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

NOTE: This is *not* a section for Fan Fiction, we have a section for that.

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Scream 5 In 2021
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016, 12:55 

I always rewatch the Scream films (usually skip 3 and go straight to 4) during Halloween season, but I also tried the MTV series this year. It served only to remind me how much better the movies are in every way.

With Wes gone, it seems like no one feels there's a point to a 5th movie. The studio isn't interested, despite Neve Campbell being open to another movie.

Let's face it, the cynical greed that powers Hollywood is not going to allow a vacuum for the 25th anniversary of Scream in 2021. I have a feeling the TV show will be long gone by then, having had a few seasons before fading away.

The 25th anniversary is a perfect time to do a final film, not unlike what was attempted with Halloween 20 Years Later.

The difference is that this would be the final movie, period. It would close out the story begun 25 years earlier. Watching "Still Screaming," I noticed more than one person talk about the theme of family in the Scream films. The fatal flaw of Scream 3 was that Roman was someone Sidney didn't even know. While the audience didn't know Mrs. Loomis, her reveal and motive was brilliant because Sid, Dewey, and Gale knew her. There was a history there.

The killer in the 5th movie needs to be somehow related to past killers or Sid, Gale, or Dewey. I think Sid's family is pretty much exhausted at this point, as well as the Loomis family. There also needs to be a revenge motive, which leaves two possibilities:

*Randy's sister from Scream 3
*a relative of Stu that Sid knows but we have never seen, a la Mrs. Loomis.

I'd rather avoid any reference to Scream 3, as I like to pretend it was just a weird dream Sid had or a first draft of one of Gale's books. I think the best route would be a brother or sister of Stu. The Macher family was destroyed by the murders Stu committed and his own death, and this sibling (let's say 5 or so at the time of the first Scream) watched his/her family torn apart, blaming Sid for killing Stu instead of seeing him for what he really was.

Stu's sibling has tried to lead a normal life for 25 years, but each anniversary is reminder of all that happened. He or she decides to get revenge on the 25th anniversary of the events that tore apart the Macher family.

Meanwhile, Sid is a single mother of a girl she adopted after Scream 4. The girl was 6 at the time as is now 17 and attending high school. Sid is working as a guidance counselor at the same school. Gale was offered a talk show after the events of Scream 4; her dedication to the show and her work led to the end of her marriage with Dewey.

Sid sees Gale on her show, but hasn't heard from Dewey since he and Gale broke up.

High school students begin to die, and Sid's daughter is in the crosshairs. When all is said and done, Sid makes the ultimate sacrifice to save her daughter and end the cycle of violence once and for all.

As for the director, there's only one man who helped Wes Craven build the Scream saga behind the camera, a man who has gone on to direct a number of movies of his own: Patrick Lussier.

Post subject: Re: Scream 5 In 2021
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 14:32 

TV Series is amazing. stop hating

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2016, 17:23 

audreyjensen wrote:

no it's not amazing (FACEPALM) it's garbage & the OP is allowed to have an opinion that differs from yours (ROLLEYES)

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2016, 00:12 

benbee2 wrote:
audreyjensen wrote:

no it's not amazing (FACEPALM) it's garbage & the OP is allowed to have an opinion that differs from yours (ROLLEYES)

calm down