It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 07:56

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

NOTE: This is *not* a section for Fan Fiction, we have a section for that.

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Harvey Weinstein pushing to get Scream 5 made
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2014, 08:18 

Quote:
Screaming4More wrote:
I think the new characters in each movie are important. The problem is simply that they all keep getting killed off. This has actually, when you think about it, been going on ever since Scream 2, not just 3 & 4.

I can see what you're saying but Joel, Gus, Lois, Murphy, Martha, Kincaid and Judy are all characters the main cast had a notable relationship with who clearly survived. The only issue being that none of those people came back.

Screaming4More wrote:
Bringing back old characters won't do anything. Especially if it's just to have them die. What would be new is if the survivors changed.

Bringing back old characters is largely the same as the survivors changing. Once someone returns in a way that means something, it heightens tension and opens up the whole world as you've established that anyone has the potential to die/survive and matter (long-term) and "it's not just the main trio." When Martha's being chased down a hallway, we care more than we would if it was "random student friend" or "random actress" because it feels like a fully-realized world. I'm not demanding a "returning character's" death - I'm saying that the tension even the possibility (but particularly the actual "execution") might provide, if done well, would be notably higher than a similar character with less attachment.

Thank you, exactly.

Also, bring back Joel. He's the Kirby of S2, except he didn't have a chance to fight anyone off - he was smart and hightailed it outta there when ppl started dropping.

Seriously, though, I can't see them bringing any old characters back for S5, unless it was Kirby OR they went the route they wanted to in S2(?) and really brought old characters back...from beyond the grave.

OHAI there Billy and/or Stu. :o

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2014, 02:42 

If they brought back any past characters from the scream franchise (besides the main trio....i guess) i would be totally cool with it, i mean that would be so cool because it would make the flick feel so legit to the franchise. Seeing old characters return would be like the whole thing is actually real and returning to its natural roots. Now i have no idea who i would want to see return, i mean i cant really think of anybody besides Detective Kincaid or ^Joel, idk but anyway i would mainly be excited to find out where the setting of the movie would take place (if they ever do it). God i hope we get confirmation soon on if they are going to do it or not. If not then fine im glad with what the franchise has presented but of course i want another one SO bad.

Btw why is this message board so dead when it used to be alot more active

PostPosted: 12 May 2014, 15:53 

I still want them to push a new trilogy. Maybe it's OCD but that's just me!

PostPosted: 13 May 2014, 23:20 

^ i agree with ya dawg

PostPosted: 14 May 2014, 20:27 

warfreak57 wrote:
I still want them to push a new trilogy. Maybe it's OCD but that's just me!

Hey, you just rhymed!

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2014, 05:51 

i assume Harvey isn't be pushing Scream 5 to be made anymore ? since the last we heard him say that was in October 2013 but i hope he still is & i agree about bringing old characters back IE Joel/Kincaid/Martha Meeks/Neil Prescott/Gus/(& Lois/Murphy,don't remember these 2 characters at all who are they :?:)

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2014, 02:40 

benbee2 wrote:
i assume Harvey isn't be pushing Scream 5 to be made anymore ? since the last we heard him say that was in October 2013 but i hope he still is & i agree about bringing old characters back IE Joel/Kincaid/Martha Meeks/Neil Prescott/Gus/(& Lois/Murphy,don't remember these 2 characters at all who are they :?:)

They're the sorority sisters in Scream 2. Obviously, I'm not saying throw in characters at random but if you were going to have an airhead character in the same relative age range and either of those might have a reason to be around and either actress was open to reprising the role, it probably wouldn't be that much of a stretch to include them. Again, don't force them in there if it becomes a ridiculous stretch and wouldn't make sense.

But, for instance, some were pitching that Scream 5 could follow Kirby to college. It might make sense to see one of those characters being some "against type" college professor who is brilliant about one subject but still a complete idiot as far as common sense goes. Even if one's just in a brief "class dismissed" start of a scene. Things like that. I'm of the belief that a nice wink to fans here or there wouldn't hurt the series as long as it remains grounded in its tension. Some argue that the series has gotten away from that so I would never call for such immense contrivances as to take casual fans out of the individual film.

However, I think that, depending on what the exact scenario is for Scream 5 - if it ever happens - that would be far more of a stretch than Joel as a TV/film producer or Kincaid as a police/security official or Martha as one of Sidney's friends. For this series, those types of characters are natural to the world. It just depends on what the overall idea is behind Scream 5.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2014, 18:21 

Denny wrote:
benbee2 wrote:

They're the sorority sisters in Scream 2. Obviously, I'm not saying throw in characters at random but if you were going to have an airhead character in the same relative age range and either of those might have a reason to be around and either actress was open to reprising the role, it probably wouldn't be that much of a stretch to include them. Again, don't force them in there if it becomes a ridiculous stretch and wouldn't make sense.

But, for instance, some were pitching that Scream 5 could follow Kirby to college. It might make sense to see one of those characters being some "against type" college professor who is brilliant about one subject but still a complete idiot as far as common sense goes. Even if one's just in a brief "class dismissed" start of a scene. Things like that. I'm of the belief that a nice wink to fans here or there wouldn't hurt the series as long as it remains grounded in its tension. Some argue that the series has gotten away from that so I would never call for such immense contrivances as to take casual fans out of the individual film.

However, I think that, depending on what the exact scenario is for Scream 5 - if it ever happens - that would be far more of a stretch than Joel as a TV/film producer or Kincaid as a police/security official or Martha as one of Sidney's friends. For this series, those types of characters are natural to the world. It just depends on what the overall idea is behind Scream 5.

oh yeah i remember now thanks

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2014, 12:22 

Screaming4More wrote:
CRHersh23 wrote:
I agree. And even with all of the questionable decisions that were made in Scream 3 and 4, I doubt they'd ever allow a slow-mo death fall.. thankfully. Laurie Strode's death was a travesty. *Interesting side-note, when I saw Halloween: Resurrection in the theaters, the man sitting next to me had a heart attack at that exact moment. I ran out and told them to call 911 and they shut the movie down. It was nuts. He was okay, luckily.

I didn't even bother going to the theater to see that one and when I finally saw it on TV, I turned it off. I still, to this day, haven't watched the whole thing. Just parts of it here and there. What I've seen I really, really hated. It's why I don't bash the Rob Zombie remakes -- they are so much better than Resurrection.

Quote:
I'm dying to see two Ghostfaces going at each other in Scream 5. We've seen Ghostface partnerships all the time, but never rivalries. Imagine if they're both going after Sidney at the same time without having a clue who the other is.

I'm not crazy about the idea. The past two times we've seen two Ghostfaces in a partnership (Mickey/Debbie, Jill/Charlie) -- they've turned against each other. Frankly, I'm more in the mood to see some more Ghostface COOPERATION again, ala Billy and Stu. It may be different, but yet I also think it's the same.

Quote:
I shouldn't even say this because I feel like there's a good chance it could happen, and it's pretty similar to what you said "Screaming4More"..but I think Gale would be the perfect killer. The entire series is practically foreshadowing it. Plus it'd be pretty powerful to see Dewey have to bring her down. Maybe he's unable to and that's how he meets his demise. Maybe Gale becomes reluctant to finish off Sidney at that point and leaves herself vulnerable to the 2nd competing killer, who takes them all out. There are so many directions they could take it.

I've wondered myself if Gale could really turn into the killer...

But I don't know. I don't know for sure if any of them (the 3) could. I'm very open to the idea, but they've been through this stuff four times already. They've seen what happens to the killers -- the killers lose. Becoming Ghostface is risky.

They would have to really lose their mind in order to become Ghostface.

In reality, I think Dewey is the best, most realistic possibility. Sidney and Gale being the killer is a little too ... I dunno how to say this ... "glamorous." It feels more like a stretch to me -- more fan fiction dream idea -- and I say this as someone who championed Sidney being the killer on this forum before.

Dewey, though... I buy it more because he's a man. Some of you might think that means nothing, but there are more psychotic men out there than there are women. I could believe Dewey going crazy easier than Gale and Sidney.

If they had Gale and Dewey divorced in Scream 5, to reflect their real lives again, that could be one way to cause Dewey to have an emotional breakdown. What would he be like without her? Was she keeping him sane?

Quote:
What I'm wondering is, where does the story have to go to complete itself? Correct me if I'm wrong, but at its core it seems like Scream 1 was all about life WANTING to be a movie, Scream 2 was turning life INTO a movie, Scream 3 was life AS a movie, and Scream 4 was life being DEFINED by movies.

So what does Scream 5 need to say? It seems like we've gone full circle already with Scream 4...

It would have to go back to life NOT WANTING to be a movie.

They would have to want their lives back to normal. No more Stab, no more Ghostface, no more books, no more obsession with horror movies. It would have to shut the door on all of that. Which works if it's the last movie.

Dewey being the killer is a great idea

SCREAM 4 waiting *patiently* since august 2004

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2014, 23:27 

chrisii2010 wrote:

Dewey being the killer is a great idea

Dewey being the killer is a stupid idea :roll:

There's nothing "edgy" or "clever" about revealing Dewey as a killer this late in the Scream mythos. It is incredibly lazy storytelling - not to mention a total betrayal to all the fans who have grown up with the series and loved the original three from the start.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2014, 15:13 

Dewey should have died in Scream 2. That was a powerful scene, and then they ruined it at the end to show he was still alive

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2014, 23:36 
Site Admin

I wouldn't mind Dewey as a killer - hard to imagine no one has gone insane over the course of these films. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" - apart from Sidney's father (maybe), Dewey as killer would pack the biggest emotional punch.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2015, 12:40 

I'd buy Cherokee as the killer more than Dewey. Too much time around a neurotic owner and the pup goes all Cujo... :lol:

PostPosted: 30 May 2015, 10:40 

I wouldnt like Dewey as the killer. For me, the trio of Sid, Gale, and Dewey should always be the good guys. They should never turn to the dark side. It wouldnt feel right for me.

"Shes getting mad Randy, you better liv-er alone" - Stu

"You fucking hit me with the phone, dick!!!" - Stu

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2015, 02:22 

ItsAScreamBaby wrote:
I wouldnt like Dewey as the killer. For me, the trio of Sid, Gale, and Dewey should always be the good guys. They should never turn to the dark side. It wouldnt feel right for me.

I agree that neither of them should ever turn on Sidney, but if it were to happen, it could only happen one way. Scream 5, Gale is killed by Ghostface. Scream 6, Dewey is the killer.

I mean, Dewey has to have some pent up rage inside him. He's lived through four murder sprees, and is the only one of the trio that doesn't have an outlet. Gale keeps going back investigative reporting, while Sidney first isolates herself, and later becomes a self-help writer. He's a cop, and maybe enjoys his job, but it would still be stressful. The killers have taken as much, maybe more, from him as they have taken from Sidney. Sid's lost her mother, friends, and a few celebrities died because one guy wanted to lure her out. Dewey's lost his sister, his friends, been stabbed twice, has seen his wife get stabbed, and has lost co-workers.

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” - Bill Hicks

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 17:40 

Harvey decommissioned with harrasment scandal and Wes no longer with us...is this ever likely to happen? Your views please...

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2017, 17:56 

Buck 120 wrote:
Harvey decommissioned with harrasment scandal and Wes no longer with us...is this ever likely to happen? Your views please...

another set back yes but with enough support for a Scream 5 it could still happen and the petition I created for Scream 5 has now 15,581 signatures (5,581 over the target) so they can't ignore that, plus it's not just Harvey that makes the decisions it's Bob and the rest of the company, it's a shame the only person that wanted Scream 5 to happen in the company is in this mess