It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 00:43

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

NOTE: This is *not* a section for Fan Fiction, we have a section for that.

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Harvey Weinstein pushing to get Scream 5 made
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 12:22 

Harvey Weinstein is trying to make his brother Bob Weinstein to get Scream 5 made. Not sure why he said to milk the movie when it's been like 11 years since they made Scream 3.

Quote:
Harvey Weinstein took part in a Masterclass at the still underway Zurich Film Festival in Switzerland, where his company is screening a plethora of films. Indiewire writes from the festival with quotes from Weinstein, who reportedly is still pushing to get Scream 5 made. What’s holding it up? Brother Bob, that’s who…

Weinstein said that he’s urging his brother Bob, who heads Dimension Films, to make Scream 5 a reality. “Everyone lived in Scream 4,” he said, explaining that all the characters could return for another run-in with Ghostface.

But the big news is that Harvey hopes to wrap things up with a fifth Scream. “I’m begging him to do the movie and just end it,” he reveals. “We’ve milked that cow.”

Speaking of milking the cow, right now Wes Craven is developing a “Scream” television series for MTV. Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin are currently penning the pilot presentation.

What I don’t think the Weinstein brothers understand – or maybe they do – is that fans truly are clamoring for another Scream. Bloody Disgusting receives inquiries for updates on a weekly basis from fans desperate for any nugget of news. Well, here it is, Harvey is ready to end the franchise once and for all.

With a reported budget of $40M, the fourth film in the franchise took in close to $100M worldwide at the box office.

Does this mean one of them will die? Seeing as he said everyone lived in Scream 4. I don't want that to happen :( .

Source: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32569 ... as-his-way

A update on the SCREAM TV Series:

According to the site, Weinstein told the attending press that there will be no overlap between the film franchise and the television series.

BlairWitch.de reports, the series "is supposed to represent a new beginning and also pursue a supernatural direction." That's according to Weinstein's statement.

A supernatural angle thrust onto the Scream universe? How is that going to work?

Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin of Revenge and Criminal Minds are writing the show, so we shall see...

Source: http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/17 ... ilm-series

Last edited by Scream4fan on 01 Oct 2013, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Harvey Weinstein pushing to get Scream 5 made
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 12:32 

Saw the news a couple of minutes ago.
Finally some information from a producer! I'm happy that Scream 5 is still not dead...

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 12:35 

Ditch the crappy Scream TV Series Wes Craven and do Scream 5. Come on Dimension Films. You can do this! :D

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 12:37 

Thanks! That's good news! With Scream Tv series, I think everyone's lost hope.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 14:51 

Finally some news! This is great.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 16:54 

I don't think everyone will die, I think some of them will, obviously, don't get me wrong. I think Harvey wants to make it more for closure so we (the fans) can go into five knowing that it's the final one until the remake in ten years, because going into 4, we were all just expecting a new trilogy which is why I think we're so hung up on 5.

They can give Scream 5 a $20-25mil budget because, lets face it, $40 million for a ten year old, let alone a HORROR series is ridiculous and they will no doubt make their money back not only the states but especially overseas. Less is more and more is less, the tighter the budget, the further the crew and cast will go to make a really scary and innovative slasher with what they have. Release it around Halloween (PA series isn't exactly a huge competitor anymore) with a simple yet effective marketing effort and it should have no problem opening more than 4 did.

I honestly don't think Neve would mind doing one final film and being done with it and I'm sure Courtney and David would gladly do it. Anyways, I'm just glad that some higher up authority is pushing for this to be made. I can actually see it happening now.

Completed Screenplays:
Bloody Mary

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 19:15 

I totally agree with you, iamme - it seems like less is more when it comes to a Scream sequel's budget. If the story needs to be told, the film-makers will dig deep and put extra passion into it, and chances are that will translate into the movie. I have a feeling the bigger the budget, the more these execs start messing with the story.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 19:47 

CRHersh23 wrote:
I totally agree with you, iamme - it seems like less is more when it comes to a Scream sequel's budget. If the story needs to be told, the film-makers will dig deep and put extra passion into it, and chances are that will translate into the movie. I have a feeling the bigger the budget, the more these execs start messing with the story.

Exactly. They figure that they have the money so why not test the waters which results into a movie with wasted potential.

Completed Screenplays:
Bloody Mary

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2013, 16:41 

Last edited by CRHersh23 on 01 Oct 2013, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2013, 16:53 

Absolutely love that!

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2013, 20:30 

A update on the SCREAM TV Series:

According to the site, Weinstein told the attending press that there will be no overlap between the film franchise and the television series.

BlairWitch.de reports, the series "is supposed to represent a new beginning and also pursue a supernatural direction." That's according to Weinstein's statement.

A supernatural angle thrust onto the Scream universe? How is that going to work?

Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin of Revenge and Criminal Minds are writing the show, so we shall see...

Source: http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/17 ... ilm-series

Last edited by Scream4fan on 02 Oct 2013, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2013, 21:56 

The fan in me doesn't want an end to the franchise but making part 5 the last could be a good idea.

At least we're getting some sort of news, refreshing.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 05:02 

Sidney has to die in order for the Scream movie franchise as we know it to be over. She's the connection between all of the movies -- she's the one constant figure, like Freddy in Nightmare on Elm Street, Jason in Friday the 13th, etc. Ghostface is just a new person in each movie under the guise of the villain, but Ghostface isn't a person that sticks around for each movie -- Sidney is. And she's the one Ghostface is always trying to kill.

It's like in every Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th, they try to kill Freddy and Jason, but then there's another sequel and we learn they've failed. UNTIL they make something like Freddy's Dead and Jason Goes To Hell and declare it the very last movie -- THEN they claim to have killed Freddy and Jason at last.

Same thing needs to happen with Sidney. They have to kill her off. They could always still make Scream movies in the future because the Ghostface identity is invincible. But if they want to make one last Scream movie -- if they want to make 5 the end of that series -- they HAVE to kill Sidney. No matter how wrong it may feel. 'Cause if Sidney lives, you're always going to feel like they could make one more movie. Even decades from now, when Sidney's an old grandma, someone could still go, "I hope they make another Scream and have Grandma Sidney die in the opening scene!"

Kill Sidney Prescott and you have your final movie. I hope they do it. I hope she dies at the end of the movie (not anytime sooner). That would complete the series for me. I'm not worried about it "ruining" the other films. Everyone dies. Eventually your life story just ends. I'd like to see the story of how Sidney's life finally ends.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 13:20 

If she dies, I hope it's not Ghostface who does it - it'd just be too hard to watch the earlier movies knowing evil wins in the end. But then again, that's life. Honestly, how hard can it be for someone to just walk up to her and end it? Maybe she could get killed saving Dewey or doing something heroic.. that way, Ghostface never gets the satisfaction of winning. Maybe Ghostface turns out to be someone she truly cares about. Maybe she had a son with Kincaid and the son (now having reached Billy Loomis' age) becomes a killer. Sidney can't kill him and she can't let anybody else kill him, so she ends up taking a bullet, or maybe she just takes the blame for it all. Might be a poetic end.

Last edited by CRHersh23 on 02 Oct 2013, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 14:03 

Sidney to be the killer. It would be perfect ending. A evolution from a hero to a villain.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 14:40 

Yeah I would like to have Sidney dying while saving another person (Kirby maybe, yeah I know she is supposed to be dead yatayata, but Wes said she could come back so). Always pictured it happening on a high building so she could have a long 'farewell' for us. I actually would love to have Jill back alive and maybe facing trial (only for the attack in the hospital, no proof for the other murders) and Kirby (new heroine, might not know Jill was behind the murders in 4) but then they get targeted for real by another Ghostface, as is Sidney. Gale gets the openingscene but lives (could be the booksigning diner party thing that was scrapped from S4). I would love if Jennifer Aniston could bite it in the opening also...

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 14:47 

I'm glad scream 5 is gonna happen

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 19:59 

Screaming4More wrote:
Sidney has to die in order for the Scream movie franchise as we know it to be over. She's the connection between all of the movies -- she's the one constant figure, like Freddy in Nightmare on Elm Street, Jason in Friday the 13th, etc. Ghostface is just a new person in each movie under the guise of the villain, but Ghostface isn't a person that sticks around for each movie -- Sidney is. And she's the one Ghostface is always trying to kill.

It's like in every Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th, they try to kill Freddy and Jason, but then there's another sequel and we learn they've failed. UNTIL they make something like Freddy's Dead and Jason Goes To Hell and declare it the very last movie -- THEN they claim to have killed Freddy and Jason at last.

Same thing needs to happen with Sidney. They have to kill her off. They could always still make Scream movies in the future because the Ghostface identity is invincible. But if they want to make one last Scream movie -- if they want to make 5 the end of that series -- they HAVE to kill Sidney. No matter how wrong it may feel. 'Cause if Sidney lives, you're always going to feel like they could make one more movie. Even decades from now, when Sidney's an old grandma, someone could still go, "I hope they make another Scream and have Grandma Sidney die in the opening scene!"

Kill Sidney Prescott and you have your final movie. I hope they do it. I hope she dies at the end of the movie (not anytime sooner). That would complete the series for me. I'm not worried about it "ruining" the other films. Everyone dies. Eventually your life story just ends. I'd like to see the story of how Sidney's life finally ends.

I COMPLETELY agree with you. As much as it would kill me to see Sidney die, it's really the only way to properly end the series or otherwise, like you said, there's always going to be one more person trying to kill her that won't stop until she's dead. But like another user said, I really wouldn't want Ghostface to kill her because knowing evil wins in the end would make the first four movies really hard to watch. I would want her to die saving Gale, Dewey or Kirby. Also, I wouldn't want her to die in the opening scene because considering she's always the one Ghostface wants to kill, there's really no movie if she dies in the opening scene. An attack that would get the ball rolling would be fine but that's about it.

I really hope Harvey reads this board, by the way. :lol:

Completed Screenplays:
Bloody Mary

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 21:28 

Xander21 wrote:
Yeah I would like to have Sidney dying while saving another person (Kirby maybe, yeah I know she is supposed to be dead yatayata, but Wes said she could come back so). Always pictured it happening on a high building so she could have a long 'farewell' for us.

If you mean she falls off that building to her death.... oh my God... NO!

That is too reminiscent of Laurie Strode's death scene in Halloween: Resurrection, which I think is one of the worst moments in a horror film to date, if not the worst. No way do I want to see Sidney take a slow, "dramatic" plunge to her death the way Laurie Strode did.

*cue slow motion Sidney falling down to her death*
*covers face... in disgust*

I also must say I'm opposed to her dying so she can save someone like Kirby. That is too much "passing the torch" like and would make a final film look like it's opening the doors to more movies. Then all we'll ever hear is, "SCREAM 6! KIRBY'S STILL ALIVE!" I don't even want that. Kill that Kirby!

My vision for Sidney's death is that she and someone else kill themselves together. Do you know that ending in the early draft of Scream 2 where she and Cotton are stabbing each other to death on the stage and then they both drop and close their eyes and apparently die? That's kinda like how I'd like to see it all end. I'm not into heroism. I'm not into dramatic falls from a building. But I am into fighting to the finish, which I think Sidney always does -- she just manages to fight and live. Scream 4 was kinda disappointing because when Sidney was in Kirby's house, she didn't fight hard enough against Jill -- apparently because she had been stabbed. If they didn't tack on the hospital ending or the idea that Sidney survived the multiple stabbing, she could have easily died right then and there with no fighting back like she normally does. Her body was the only thing fighting back -- fighting to live.

I'd like to see her go out fighting. She's a FIGHTER, as Gus said. If she saves anyone, I hope she kills the killer in the process of herself dying. I hope she doesn't because I'm not moved by cheesy, "emotional" endings like that.

I keep thinking the final fight should be between her and either Gale and Dewey, who have turned into the killer. Some kind of ending involving those three (or two of the three) is what I want most, but I'm open to other ideas if done well. There was a rumor before Scream 4 came out that Dewey was the killer and had killed Sidney and Gale killed Dewey in the end. I so wanted that to be true. I love the Jill ending, but at this point, I'd like to see a showdown between characters that have been with us since the original movie. Three people have survived all four movies -- let's do violence to them.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 22:44 

I agree. And even with all of the questionable decisions that were made in Scream 3 and 4, I doubt they'd ever allow a slow-mo death fall.. thankfully. Laurie Strode's death was a travesty. *Interesting side-note, when I saw Halloween: Resurrection in the theaters, the man sitting next to me had a heart attack at that exact moment. I ran out and told them to call 911 and they shut the movie down. It was nuts. He was okay, luckily.

But anyway..
I'm dying to see two Ghostfaces going at each other in Scream 5. We've seen Ghostface partnerships all the time, but never rivalries. Imagine if they're both going after Sidney at the same time without having a clue who the other is.

I shouldn't even say this because I feel like there's a good chance it could happen, and it's pretty similar to what you said "Screaming4More"..but I think Gale would be the perfect killer. The entire series is practically foreshadowing it. Plus it'd be pretty powerful to see Dewey have to bring her down. Maybe he's unable to and that's how he meets his demise. Maybe Gale becomes reluctant to finish off Sidney at that point and leaves herself vulnerable to the 2nd competing killer, who takes them all out. There are so many directions they could take it.

What I'm wondering is, where does the story have to go to complete itself? Correct me if I'm wrong, but at its core it seems like Scream 1 was all about life WANTING to be a movie, Scream 2 was turning life INTO a movie, Scream 3 was life AS a movie, and Scream 4 was life being DEFINED by movies.

So what does Scream 5 need to say? It seems like we've gone full circle already with Scream 4...

Last edited by CRHersh23 on 10 Jan 2014, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.